I'm not kidding, I had a MOMENT with some baked brie last week. It was just decadent!
(weird lighting alert; that's why daytime photos are best...)
I LOVE cheese, including brie, but had never had it baked until a couple years ago when my mother-in-law made it as part of a snacky dinner. If you've never had it, it's amaaaazing! It's cheesy, doughy, sweet, melty, buttery. I licked all my fingers.
The package had the "recipe" on it, and I already had all the ingredients so it was super easy. And, I don't normally like the white casing, but when it's baked, it loses a lot of the bitter flavor, so I eat the whole thing! This would make a good app or dessert or even a yummy/pretty/easy/unique party snack...
- Brie wheel
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough (thawed)
- Egg wash (1 whisked egg + 2 TBS water)
- Strawberry jam (optional + could be any fruit preserves)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out sheet of puff pastry dough. Cover in a light layer of jam.
- Set full brie wheel in center of dough.
- Fold up the dough + pinch at the top to seal.
- Brush all over dough with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just golden brown (ours may have gone longer).
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Our neighbor let us pick some ripe figs from his tree, so I quartered those and placed them (just raw) on top of the baked brie. They added another sweet, fresh flavor paired with the cheese.
MmmmMmmmmMMMM!! Whoever's coming over next better expect this as an app or dessert!