In last week's Westie post, I mentioned that I'd be posting soon about my happy new vintage shop discovery! To me, there's totally a difference between a Thrift store and Vintage store...and even an Antique store. They are all very similar, but there are fine dividing lines. If I had to give comparisons, it might look something like this:
- Thrift store: least expensive, variety of styles, often cluttered + disorganized, wide-range of poor to fair condition
- Vintage store: moderately priced, sometimes more curated to one type of style, overall more items in better condition than thrift store, store space is often styled well
- Antique store: most expensive, items usually in excellent condition, presented more like a showroom
Now that we're on the same page...I'd like to introduce you to our newest Westie Award winner for Best Vintage Store...
Venice Vintage Paradise
VVP was smack in the center of Abbot Kinney for the past 10 years, but recently re-opened their doors in a new storefront at 2304 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA 90291.
Things you should know about VVP:
- Their stuff is AWESOME; lots of mid-century, and everything is on trend.
- The store is beautiful
- Jeanie (one of the co-owners) becomes your BFF as soon as you walk in
- It's moderately priced, let's say $$ (as if that means anything...)
- They have a super cute back patio, which they are open to renting out for events, photo/video shoots, etc.
Look at all these treasures!
I've always wanted a vintage library card catalogue, and this one's a beaut!
Pretty leaf-patterned textile and blankets galore!
I liked this winged wire chair and mud cloth textile a lot.
Any guesses on what this is?
If you guessed a 1930s German baby carrier--you were right! I guessed a carrier for a 6-pack (like this one). Beer, babies, tomAto, tomAHto. I love the fabric and the leather details!
So, I made it home with the turquoise textile and vintage baby carrier (don't get any ideas--it's for the future or our sweet niece), hooray!
If you're near here, please please stop into Venice Vintage Paradise. You won't regret it!