Do you all try recipes from Pinterest much? I'd say we probably try about 1 every two weeks. And about half of them are flops. So, when I find a good one, I love to share it with you guys. This one has quickly become one of my favorite side dishes--and not just out of ones from Pinterest, just in general!
It's crunchy, spicy, easy to make (only about 20 minutes or less) + transport to a potluck, and most of all--so flavorful! Mmmm...
Spicy Mexican Corn
The original recipe is from Closet Cooking, and I made some small adjustments. Makes 4 servings, but I like to double it and serve for a group!
- 2 TBS butter
- 4 ears of corn, cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 TBS mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, toss until coated in butter. Let sit on one side until charred (a few minutes), then toss and char remaining side. About 6-10 minutes total.
- Add the jalapeno, saute for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve hot, room temp, or even chilled!
Tips: I tried saving time and using frozen corn. It was not nearly as good--go with the fresh stuff! Aaaand, wash those hands people--jalapeno juice in the eye is just about the worst ever.