Hey guys! Hope you all had a fab 4th! We sure did, as you saw from all the photos yesterday. And now we're back and hitting the ground running!
As you've probably guessed, I'm always up for trying new restaurants on the Westside (and beyond, of course). And now with the blog, I have an extra good excuse to do so! ;) Two weeks ago, I went to a new spot in Santa Monica called Creation Grill with my foodie friend, Sharon.
I love Mediterranean/Greek food, but typically just go to cheapy spots like Daphne's or Gaby's (local chains). They are good, but definitely lack ambience--let's just say, they're more take-out than dine-in. So, when we found this place, and I realized the food is DELICIOUS and my lunch was only about 10 bucks, I was sold!
Check out their site, menu, and location info HERE!
What I loved about it:
- $10ish lunch (pretty standard for LA)
- Generous portion size (I could have taken home half for leftovers, but it was so good, I ate it all, whoops!)
- Delicious quintessential Greek food! The hummus was perfect, and that's hard to do.
- Cute ambiance (exposed brick, subway tile, rustic wood accents, modern pops of chartreuse)
- Great, central Santa Monica/Ocean Park location
- Super friendly employees
- And...they serve Intellegensia coffee
I had a refreshing Arnold Palmer with their special organic ginger plum tea.
And a yummy steak kabob plate (with hummus, pita bread, rice) and a mini Greek salad. Make sure to order the garlic sauce!
It was a perfect lunch spot, and a great deal for the price! I'll definitely be going back soon! Anybody want to join me?
Next time you go, let them know Westside Bestside sent you!