The beauty of pizza (grilled or otherwise) is that you can throw whatever ingredients you want, or have, on it and it's delish! Here's what I used as toppings, but you could seriously use ANYthing!
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pizza sauce
- Chicken sausage (which I grilled on it's own for few minutes and sliced thinly)
- Red onions, sliced thinly
- Artichoke hearts, (canned) chopped
- Feta cheese
- Preheat grill to medium heat (we made the mistake of heating the grill to hot, so it got a little charred)
- Brush both sides of dough with olive oil
- Grill one side of dough until just firm, about 3 minutes
- Flip over and top immediately with sauce, cheese, and toppings
- Grill for 10-12 minutes, until cheese has melted
Can't wait to make it again this summer, try various toppings, and get the heat right. Hope you can add this easy recipe to your grilling repertoire too!