Just a heads up: this post is name-drop-central. You have been warned.
The first question I get when people find out I live in LA is: Do you see celebrities all the time?!?!
The answer is actually, surprisingly yes. BUT...not exactly in the way you'd think...
There have only been a couple times where I've seen celebs how you probably picture it ...lots of paparazzi, on set, or really glammed up. Usually, they're hard to spot, and you only see them if you have a weirdly acute skill for facial recognition--which is evidently my superpower. Really, celebrities are just normal people. And it's nice for them to be able to blend in and have some sense of privacy since their lives are so public. I promise I'm not a celebrity stalker, nor do I idolize them and think they are better than other people. Please don't judge that I've noticed so many people in my days in LA. That's my preface. :)
With that said, here's a list of some of my most recent sightings...and maybe some from awhile back (like I said, I have a weird superpower):
- Ben McKenzie (the OC): outside Son of a Gun restaurant yesterday--he even photo-bombed my picture of Parker (see above); and once in NYC--double sighting--does that mean we're destined to be friends?
- a million people at the Dodgers game this past weekend: Jason Bateman, Bryan Cranston, Eric Stonestreet (Cam), + Keith Olbermann
- Sam Waterson from The Newsroom: walking down the sidewalk on THIS day in Manhattan Beach
- Clark Gregg: plays Phil Coulson in Agents of SHIELD and The Avengers, by the beach
- Will Arnett: Ali + I were walking to Abbott Kinney, and he pulled up in his car right by us
- John Gallagher, Jr.: Jim from the Newsroom, at a Jon Brion concert
- Chauncey Billups: on the bike path with my brother--he's a big sports fan, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed him
- Julie Bowen (the mom from Modern Family): she was in the audience at a play Parker and I went to this winter--and she IS Claire Dunphy
- Tom Hanks: sigh...best sighting ever. We passed each other in a crosswalk in Santa Monica. We were the only ones in the crosswalk, and I about died.
- Josh Groban: at the Grove Farmers Market just gettin' dinner
- Kristen Bell: at church
- Tony Hale: also at church--did I mention Buster is one of our elders?
- Emily VanCamp (Revenge): just biking down the bike path near Venice Beach
- Kevin Bacon: also on the bike path, AND at Disneyland--does that mean I'm -2 degrees from Kevin Bacon??!?
- Gary Dourdan: totally random, didn't even know his name, just recognized his face and thought---hmm...one of those crime shows...
- Giuliana Rancic: in the lobby of the E! office building--she's super tall
- Norm MacDonald: on a street corner in Venice, after 4th of July fireworks a couple years ago
- Harrison Ford: He came in to work one day to record something...he was short and his hair was fully gray. Hans Solo's gettin' old!
- THIS guy from LOST: at Ketchup in Hollywood
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Biking in Venice. The Govenator was wearing shorts, y'all. See my Instagram for visual evidence.
- Will Forte (SNL): biking on Abbott Kinney
- Michael C. Hall (aka Dexter): Jogging at Runyon Canyon
- Barry Watson: my 7th Heaven crush--at Finn McCools on Main St. We totally made eye contact.
- Devon Sawa: Ummm my all-time teenage crush!!! At Blockbuster, LOL. He was short, and looked e.x.a.c.t.l.y. the same as in Now + Then
- Weird Al Yankovic: at a Hanson concert. Yeah, I'm serious about that one. Double trouble.
- Natalie Portman: at the Hollywood farmers market--she's teeeeny
- Sam Rockwell (Moon) + Leslie Bibb (the Skulls): grabbing dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Hollywood
- Ian Somerhalder (from LOST): hopping into his car outside a house in Santa Monica
- Emilio Estevez: hiking in Malibu on Valentine's Day
- Hayden Panettierre: on set of Heroes--lots of paps at this one...
- Jared Leto: accidentally almost hit him with my car as he was standing in the middle of the street talking to his neighbor in the Hollywood Hills--whoops!
- Some sightings on sets include: Adam Sandler, Josh Duhamel, Tom Selleck, Keri Russell, + Ellen
Whew! That was a lot. I'm tired now. Aaaand...promise I'm not crazy! XOXO
LA friends, who is your best celebrity sighting? And, everybody--which celeb would you most like to see?