Mmmm, juicy. red. watermelon. Nothing like it in the summer! Here are a few new ways I want to serve it this season:
- Watermelon Sangria
- Citrus Watermelon Popsicles: so pretty! Those are definitely champsicle material!
- Watermelon Lemonade Cocktail or Watermelon Lime Cooler: you know I've got lemons!
- Watermelon Prosciutto Salad: love prosciutto (but, boy is it hard to spell!)
- Lemon + Watermelon Smoothie
- Watermelon Soda Float: how pretty is this?! This would make a very cute party treat, don't you think? A assemble-your-own float station? I think this one is my favorite!!
I do also love just a straight-up slice of watermelon with some BBQ and potato salad! My mom (Hi, Mom!) puts salt on it--EW! I think that's a southern thing, but it's something I still can't get into. Blech!
Of course Real Simple has done a 10 Delicious Watermelon Recipes (is there an ingredient they haven't covered yet?), so check that out HERE for even more inspiration! And, if you haven't checked out my pineapple post from earlier in the summer, see that HERE!
What's your favorite way to eat watermelon?