i just had the perfect and quintessential southern california weekend! let's recap...
- eggs benny (read: favorite breakfast!) with my love at the wood cafe
- a massage, sigh... (check back wednesday--my regular place is getting a Westie!)
- gorgeous hike at solstice canyon, just a few miles up PCH
- ...followed by a much-deserved lava flow (pina colada + strawberry daquiri swirl) at duke's malibu--nothing like a tropical beverage to make a normal weekend feel like a vacation!
- lazy night at home alone watching a good ole chick flick: becoming jane (never gets old)
- church--gotta hear that good word
- paddle boarding in the marina--new favorite form of exercise!
- margs and mexican food at el torito at fisherman's village (where they film the banana stand scenes for arrested development)
- biking home on the bike path
- mad men (go get 'em joan!)
so now you know a few of my favorite things :)
pretty exhausted on this monday, but it was all worth it! what'd you do this weekend?