pineapple, what a delicious (and picturesque!) summer fruit!
you already know i'm an advocate of pineapple in smoothies, and grilled as a burger side. but it always seems like there's just a little extra pineapple leftover, and i want to try some fun new uses for it this summer.
perhaps i could...
- mix up a spiced pineapple cocktail -- oh, martha. looks delicious as always...
- make pineapple ice cream -- refreshing!
- throw together some pineaple salsa -- sweet and spicy
- bake a pineapple upside down cake -- a classic that i've never made
- use one as part of a centerpiece -- did you know pineapple is symbolic of hospitality? (i was thinking, a whole pineapple, but some genius on pinterest made one into a vase: see HERE)
what do you make with pineapple?
by the way, doesn't pineapple sound like a fake word now?